This position is located in the in the Western Regional Office (WRO) of the Food and Nutrition Services (FNS), to ensure the effective and efficient operation of the federal nutrition assistance programs administered by state agencies and Indian Tribal Organizations (ITOs). The Nutritionist serves as a professional expert in the areas of nutrition science, nutrition education, promotion, policy and related subjects for the food assistance program(s).Learn more about this agency
- Serves as an expert Nutritionist, providing in-depth nutrition expertise and recommendations on proposed policies and regulations and other national proposals.
- Responsible for assuring that the assigned work is carried out by performing a wide range of technical and analytical duties as related to nutrition science, education, promotion, policy, grants, and related subjects.
- Plans, directs, and participates in management evaluations reviews of State and local operations; develops written reports of findings and recommendations; negotiates corrective action; and conducts post-review evaluation.
- Coordinates, develops, and delivers regional training efforts, by providing material and training to State, Indian Tribal Operations (ITO), and local staff on nutrition-related requirements.
- Serves as coordinator for special projects and nutrition initiatives, ensuring policy and operational objectives are met.
- Professionally presents and discusses matters on various program topics.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/610372200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.