For more information on the Department of Justice and the United States Attorneys' Offices, visit http://www.justice.gov/usao/.Learn more about this agency
As needed, additional positions may be filled using this announcement.
Salary contains multiple grades/steps. In most cases, the salary is set at the minimum salary for the grade applicant(s) is selected.
This position is also being announced to All U.S. Citizens and Nationals under 21-CAE-11197763-DE.
ResponsibilitiesAs a Paralegal Specialist in the United States Attorney's Office (USAO), you will join a well-respected team that is responsible for providing a variety of legal support services to the United States Attorney's Office, Eastern District of California. You will be assigned to the Civil Division in the Sacramento office in either the Defensive Litigation Unit or the Affirmative Litigation Unit and your duties will include (but are not limited to):
- Conducts legal research, including legislative history.
- Creates and manages physical and electronic case files for complex cases with voluminous discovery and evidence.
- Analyzes documents, reports, and correspondence as well as prepares a wide variety of documents.
- Organizes, indexes, summarizes, and retrieves information from voluminous collections of discovery materials and trial exhibits (in both paper and digital formats).
- Presents digital exhibits and visual materials at trial using most advanced trial presentation software available.
- Assists Assistant U.S. Attorneys in preparing civil cases for trial.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/610142800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.