THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.
This National Guard position is for a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR (TITLE 32), Position Description Number D1290000 and is part of the IL FMS 4, National Guard.Learn more about this agency
As a SURFACE MAINTENANCE MECHANIC SUPERVISOR (TITLE 32), WS-5801-10, you will supervise workers directly or through subordinate leaders and/or supervisors in accomplishing work of the function; plan work operations of great scope, complexity, and administrative authority; determine the sequence, priority, and time for performance of operations within the limits of broad work schedules and time limits.
Major Duties - This is NOT an all-inclusive list:
- Participate in the initial planning of current and future work schedules, staffing needs, estimates, and recommendations as to scheduling projected work.
- Review funding requirements, prioritize request and allocate funding based on readiness, training, and mobilization requirements.
- Provide management with workload data, estimates, and recommendations to facilitate more effective management decisions for staffing and funding requirements to support customer units.
- Assign tasks to be performed based on readiness and explains work requirements, methods, and procedures.
- Assure tools, special tools, test measurement and diagnostic equipment, personal protective equipment, repair parts, petroleum, oils and lubricants, and other materiel are available when needed.
- Manage maintenance backlog through coordination with other maintenance activities.
- Evacuate and accept equipment, repairs, and services to and from other maintenance facilities.
- Perform non-supervisory work, such as, transporting equipment, performing maintenance tasks, etc.
- Plan use of subordinate workers, equipment, facilities, and materials on a week-to-week or month-to-month basis.
- Establish deadlines, priorities, and work sequences, and plans work assignments based on general work schedules, methods, and policies set by the supervisor.
- Determine the number and type of workers needed to accomplish specific projects.
- Redirect individual workers and resources to accomplish unanticipated work.
- Investigate work related problems such as excessive costs or low productivity and determines causes.
- Recommend solutions to staffing problems, engineering requirements, and work operations directed by other supervisors.
- Determine training needs of subordinates and arrange for accomplishment.
- Set performance standards, and make formal appraisals of subordinate work performance.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609778700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.