This position is located in the Office of Information and Technology (OIT), Service Management Office (SMO), ITSM Tool Management, ITSM Tool Implementation. The SMO provides oversight for all aspects of service delivery and improvement, including operations, knowledge, training, communications, tools and resources, shared staff, service quality and assurance, risk, and compliance.Learn more about this agency
This is a bargaining unit position.
Please read this public notice in its entirety prior to submitting your application.
Vacancies may not presently exist but may become available at any point during the opening period of this vacancy announcement. We will not review applicant resumes until there is a request to fill a vacancy.
You are applying to a public notice to fill current and future vacancies. Please note, there may or may not be actual/projected vacancies when you submit your application. Your resume and any supporting documentation will be retained with other applicants and reviewed as vacancies occur. You will not receive a notice regarding your application's status other than the initial acknowledgment until a request is received to fill a position.
Once a request to fill a vacancy is received, we will review applicants in increments of 100 in application date order. We will refer qualified applicants to the selecting official for consideration. The organization's hiring need will determine the referral of additional applicants. Applicants will be notified about their application's status if referred or if we fill all vacancies.
This position is primarily aligned to the following NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework work roles:
- 411 - Technical Support Specialist - Customer Service and Technical Support - Provides technical support to customers who need assistance utilizing client-level hardware and software in accordance with established or approved organizational process components. (i.e., Master Incident Management Plan, when applicable). (Operate and Maintain)
- 431 - Knowledge Manager - Knowledge Management - Responsible for the management and administration of processes and tools that enable the organization to identify, document, and access intellectual capital and information content. (Operate and Maintain)
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible Schedule: Not available
Duty Location Status: Will work from a VA owned or leased space
Position Description Title/PD#: IT Specialist/ PD17527A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Physical Requirements: The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
- The ITSM Tool Implementation IT Specialist supports the ITSM Tool Implementation Manager in the planning, implementation, and execution of ITSM tool operations and maintenance (OM) and configuration activities for enhancements, new functionality, and defect resolution.
- Serves as the technical SME who works with customers and other stakeholders to identify and translate IT business needs into functional requirements to modify, enhance, and build new functionality into the ITSM tool.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts and technical writers to provide input into development of user stories.
- Collaborates with Business Analysts, ITIL Process Owners, and other stakeholders to understand functionality requests, define their needs, and translate those needs into functional requirements.
- Collaborates with Technical Writers to document and update user stories.
- Assists Business Analysts to develop requirements functionality matrices, identifies configuration leveraging agile principles and methodologies, and makes systems recommendations
Occasional travel - Travel required up to 10% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609754200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.