The foundation for success of the Defense Commissary Agency mission is our people. It is DeCA's goal to have a workforce that is comprised of our nation's diverse cultures and backgrounds. DeCA operates a worldwide commissary system that provides quality grocery products to active duty military personnel and retirees, members of the Reserve and National Guard, and their families, as well as current DeCA employees. The agency employs over 15,000 people and its annual sales exceed $4 billion.Learn more about this agency
Serves as a Sales Store Checker in a commissary store at a Defense Commissary Agency (DeCA) facility. The primary purpose of this position is to operate a cash register scanning system to check out items and to receive payment for purchases made in a DeCA commissary.
Position responsibilities include:
- Operating an electronic checkout system, making change, and verifying the change fund and amount of currency received during an assigned shift.
- Managing change machines and ensuring proper amounts of cash and coins are available.
- Assisting customers by answering questions concerning prices, identification, and location of items.
- Counting cash and negotiable instruments to prepare an accountability report.
- Managing the self-checkout registers assisting customers in the correct processing of their purchases.
- Changing register tape, and clearing routine equipment and scanning jams on registers.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609534200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.