Click on "Learn more about this agency" button below to view Eligibilities being considered and other IMPORTANT information.Learn more about this agency
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? Visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
WHAT IS THE WAGE & INVESTMENT DIVISIONDIVISION?
A description of the business units can be found at: https://www.jobs.irs.gov/about/who/business-divisions
The following are the duties of this position at the full working level. If you are selected at a lower grade level, you will have the opportunity to learn to perform these duties and will receive training to help you grow in this position.
As a Front Line Manager you will:
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, sets and adjusts short-term priorities and prepares schedules for completion of work.
- Assign work to subordinates based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty and requirements of assignments, and the capabilities of employees.
- Evaluate work performance of subordinates and makes recommendations for outstanding performance recognition and/or disciplinary action.
- Give advice, counsel or instruction to employees on work and administrative matters.
- Interview candidates for positions within the organization/unit and recommend appointment, promotion or reassignment to such positions.
- Hear and resolve complaints from employees, refer group grievances and/or more serious unresolved complaints as appropriate.
- Effect minor disciplinary measures, such as warnings and reprimands, recommend other actions in more serious cases.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees, providing or arranging for needed development and training.
- Initiate ways to improve production, work processes and/or to increase the quality of the work directed.
Selectees will be part of the Frontline Manager Trainee CADRE NTE 5 years.
- CADRE members will be placed in a temporary position on an as-needed basis.
- Membership in the CADRE is not a guarantee of placement in an assignment.
- CADRE membership is for a designated term of (5 years).
- You will remain in your home position and grade until an assignment becomes available and is offered to you. You will be returned to your home position and grade upon completion of each assignment.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609463500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.