THIS IS AN OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. This type of announcement provides the Forest Service with a readily available source of applicants when vacancies occur. Eligibility and qualifications will be verified when there is a vacancy for the location and grade for which you applied. Information on specific locations where jobs are being filled and the dates applications are due for these locations can be found on theForest Service website.Learn more about this agency
See ADDITIONAL INFORMATION section for details.
- Duties listed are at full performance grade GS-08 level.
- Supervises a group of employees performing firefighting work. Provides administrative and technical supervision necessary for accomplishing the work of the unit.
- Establishes guidelines and performance expectations for staff members, which are clearly communicated through the formal employee performance management system.
- Is responsible for directing a module of a 10 to 20 person Handcrew.
- Is responsible for keeping abreast of developments, policy issuances, and other similar material in the equal opportunity field, and for fully supporting USDA FS Equal Opportunity Program.
- Works with other resource managers in the development and implementation of prescribed burn plans. Executes prescribed burns commensurate with qualifications such as burn boss, firing boss or holding boss.
- May be required to operate a crew carrier. If a CDL is required, the position is a Testing Designated Position (TDP) under the Department of Transportation (DOT)/Forest Service Alcohol and Controlled Substance Testing Program.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel overnights on fire suppression or fire related assignments for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609456800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.