WHAT IS THE SMALL BUSINESS/ SELF EMPLOYED DIVISION? The Small Business/Self-Employed (SB/SE) Division provides examinations and taxpayer education services for about 7 million small businesses and upwards of 33 million self-employed and supplemental income taxpayers.
See Other Information for Locations
Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN AUTOMATION SYSTEM SPECIALIST DO? As an Automation System Specialist you will be responsible for various duties relating to the IRS automated systems, the system’s responsiveness to the needs of the programs and operations by providing accurate and timely inventory records, managing case assignments, and assessing cycle time and work distribution.
As an Automation System Specialist you will:
- Works with management and users to determine information and data needed for operational activities. The result may require coordination with Information Technology System (ITS) or headquarters for additional information, technical assistance, work scheduling or timeframes for systemic resolution.
- Advises management on problems that impact employees, work processes, and/or program goals.
- Identifies error trends and barriers in the various SBSE Compliance inventory systems that require training and/or guidance.
- Identifies and assists with the development of basic and refresher training for the various systems and provides training to the employees.
- Responds to inquiries, research, and/or transfer requests from multiple sources outside the Operations.
- Assists management and other users in reviewing, interpreting, and analyzing data provided through routine reports, and uses integrated software products to develop non-routine or ad hoc reports designed to gather unique or specialized data to address management concerns or specified needs.
- Serves as the Functional Security Coordinator for the area. Ensures permissions and passwords are requested and received. Reviews and submits requests to IT for security access for functional area users.
- Maintains and monitors user permissions including adding, deleting, and modifying user permissions on shared directories assigned to functional areas.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov/
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609422000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.