WHAT IS THE OFFICE Of EQUITY, DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION (EDI) DIVISION? The Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) advises IRS senior leadership on diversity and inclusion matters, and EEO policy. EDI helps coordinate cross functional efforts to ensure a diverse and inclusive IRS workforce that is free from discrimination and harassment.
See Other Information for Locations.Learn more about this agency
WHAT DOES AN ADMINISTRATIVE SPECIALIST/AUTHORIZED GOVERNMENT REPRESENTATIVE (AGR)DO? An AGR serves as a staff advisor and liaison between management, procurement staff and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the administration of Sign Language Interpreting Services for the IRS. They participate in planning, coordinating, and procurement of services for deaf and hard of hearing employees and guests in efforts to promote a diverse workforce that is inclusive and responsive to the needs of people with disabilities.
As an Administrative Specialist/Authorized Government Representative (AGR) you will:
- Manage internal administrative assignments.
- Monitor activities to ensure timeliness, consistency and completeness.
- Collaborate with contract and external vendors to coordinate Sign Language Interpreting (SLI) and Communication Access Real-time Translation (CART) services for IRS employees and taxpayers at multiple locations and campuses nationwide
- Provide support to supervisor, team leader, analysts, project leaders, and support personnel in SLI
- Process various procurement actions such as: creating purchase requisitions, purchase card order logs, create/update BPA Logs, reconcile vendor invoices, receipt and acceptance.
- Personally, review all important incoming and outgoing correspondence, coordinate routing and the control of notes and suggestions concerning the subject matter involved before referral to the supervisor.
- Perform special studies and research projects or assignments, monitor office reporting requirements and prepare input for confidential status reports.
- Keep the supervisor advised of developments and progress concerning problems and follow up with the responsible official to expedite necessary action and final settlement of the issues.
WHERE CAN I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT OTHER IRS CAREERS? If you want to find out more about IRS careers, visit us on the web at www.jobs.irs.gov.
25% or less - Travel Nights per Month: 01 to 05
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609348000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.