Serves as a Airway Transportation Systems Specialist, Team Lead.
Due to the Pandemic, and individual states with different phases of reopening, the selectee’s report date to the official duty station/facility may be delayed until such time as employees are allowed to report to the workplace. The person selected may telework up to the maximum extent possible, up to and including full time, until it is safe to relocate.Learn more about this agency
- Represents an Operations Control Center within the NAS Security & Enterprise Operations (NASEO) Directorate as the primary point of contact on matters associated with maintenance control activities, emerging technologies and customer concerns. Maintains the highest degree of technical knowledge on integrated systems within a broad area of expertise.
- Recognized as the principal expert for development of workable solutions for unanticipated situations adversely affecting operationally critical systems of the NAS. Serves as a Team Leader for large, challenging and complex work activities. Technical decisions are considered authoritative in area of expertise.
- Responsible for establishing and managing program goals and objectives and formulating project plans. Develops, interprets, recommends changes, and has broad discretion to insure compliance with organizational objective and policies. Identifies, procures, distributes and tracks resources needed to accomplish large work activities.
- Works with customers at high internal and external organizational levels to the FAA to resolve complex issues to insure the integrity of the NAS. Represent the FAA as a senior technical authority for major agency activities, emerging technologies and customer concerns.
- Coordinates with multiple air traffic, maintenance control center, and other entities to shut down and restore facilities, systems, and services to prevent activities from disrupting air traffic operations. Quickly resolves restoration problems with minimal impact to the NAS.
- Performs quality control measures to insure efficiency of operations.
Occasional travel - The job may require travel from time- to-time, but not on a regular basis. The travel may be for training or other work-related duties.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609302000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.