This is a Direct Hire Authority (DHA) solicitation utilizing the DHA for Certain Personnel of the Department of Defense to recruit and appoint qualified candidates to positions in the competitive service.Learn more about this agency
About the Position: This position is located in the Defense Health Agency Small Stand-Alone Market and will be in an office setting.
- Serve as the Chief of Patient Administration for the SSO, providing Patient Administration subject matter expertise for strategic and operational planning, organizing, staffing, decision support, and policy development.
- Oversee the operations and policy formulation of SSP programs.
- Ensure consistency in Health Policy development and interpretation.
- Develop sustainment protocols for newly developed Armed Forces Billing and Collection Utilization Solution (ABACUS) system.
- Serve as the SSO subject matter expert on Health Information Management Systems and Services (HIMSS).
- Provide oversight for all issues relating to the medical documentation and records administration, health information management and data quality.
- Develop policies and procedures for the administration of SSO Medical Treatment Facilities (MTF) medical records programs.
- Serve as the SSO subject matter expert for patient programs supporting patient eligibility and entitlements, and provide plans for the development, coordination, and policy publications for the SSO.
- Serve as the subject matter expert for the SSO?s HIPPA and privacy compliance and training programs.
- Directly supervise the SSO Patient Administration staff in the support of DHA and SSO activities.
- Develop job descriptions, performance standards, and render annual performance ratings for civilian employees.
25% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609297300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.