About the Position:Learn more about this agency
This is a full-time civilian faculty position at the U.S. Army War College, Strategic Studies Institute as provided under Title 10 USC 4021. Initial appointment may be up to three years, the first year may be a trial period. The appointment may be renewed in one- to five-year increments thereafter. Academic rank and salary will be based on the selectee's academic credentials, experience and professional accomplishments.
- Serve as Research Professor of Russian and Eurasian Studies in the Strategic Studies Institute (SSI), the research institute of the USAWC.
- Performs research and publishes SSI studies, journal articles, essays, op-eds, blogs, books, and/or chapters, which are distributed to military leaders, policymakers, government agencies, think tanks, and academic institutions worldwide. (50%)
- Conducts both self-initiated research and directed research (at the request of the Army Staff, Joint Staff or Office of the Secretary of Defense) on Russian national security strategy and policy, including implications for the United States.
- Develop recommendations to achieve key national security objectives specifically oriented toward those factors that impact U.S. defense priorities, especially those of the U.S. Army.
- Designs individual and collective annual research and publication plans, in consultation with SSI leadership, addressing contemporary national security issues.
- Conducts both internal and external service in national security related areas. (30%)
- Liaises with and provides briefings and expertise in response to requests from aforementioned key stakeholders and other audiences.
- Leads, organizes, and implements SSI and USAWC professional collaboration, conferences, seminars, symposiums, and meetings
- Attends and participates in relevant academic conferences by presenting papers and/or acting as panel chair or discussant.
- Contributes to the educational mission of the USAWC through teaching, lecturing, and supervising student research projects. (20%)
25% or less - Travel (domestic and/or international) may be required up to 25% of the time.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609223400. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.