Hiring incentives including up to 25% of annualized salary or repayment of qualifying federal student loans are authorized for highly qualified applicants.Learn more about this agency
There are several Lineman positions available with Bonneville Power Administration (BPA) in different locations throughout Oregon and Washington. A successful candidate in this position will perform work under the supervision of a Lineman Foreman. The degree of supervision will depend upon tasks performed and working conditions.
As a Lineman you will:
- Perform construction and maintenance work (including hot line maintenance) on either wood pole or steel tower lines including excavations and footings, framing and erecting towers and poles, hanging insulators and hardware, and stringing, sagging, and clipping conductor.
- Replace or repair damaged steel towers, wood poles, crossarms, and conductors; relocate towers and poles; inspect and treat wood poles; and replace insulators.
- Perform, or occasionally supervise, right-of-way maintenance work such as brush and weed control, cutting or topping danger trees, seeding cover crops for erosion control.
- Repair access roads and install or repair bridges, culverts, fences, and gates.
- Maintain microwave towers, antennas, and airway lighting installations; perform maintenance tasks in substations, involving overhead line work and other tasks requiring the use of line maintenance equipment.
- Patrol transmission lines and report conditions of lines.
- Take clearances and occasionally perform switching at unattended substations and line sectionalizing disconnect switches.
- Complete associated paperwork and complete reports required of the above listed tasks.
50% or less - Extended periods of travel may be required - Depending on location, travel can be between 25% and 50%.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609223300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.