This is the position of Physicist (Post-Doctoral Research Fellow) in the Atomic and Molecular Physics Division of the Smithsonian Astrophysical Observatory. The purpose of this position is to train postdoctoral researchers to conceive, plan and conduct highly specialized research in incumbent’s area of specialization. The incumbent will be expected to perform scholarly research and participate in making contributions to the fields of physical science.Learn more about this agency
Duties of the position may include but are not limited to:
- Collect and evaluate existing spectroscopic parameters from the literature, including those that are new to HITRAN, such as advanced line-shape parameters.
- Develop semi-empirical algorithms that the best data can be extended to all transitions in the database and to improve the quality and extent of the HITRAN database towards atmospheric research.
- Assist other scientists and/or programmers in developing programs for working with the HITRAN data.
- Prepare refereed publications and present talks at professional meetings.
- Perform other duties as may be required.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609194000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.