About the Position: This position provides legal assistance in the way of legal and administrative support and case research for the office of the Staff Judge Advocate.Learn more about this agency
- Conduct legal research for attorney staff on a wide variety of legal matters using law library and automated (Westlaw, Lexis) research into federal statutes and case law.
- Research issues arising in foreign countries, rules of service of process of domestic and foreign courts, attestation, normalization, and other documentary proof issues, including Hague Convention apostille procedures.
- Produce copies of relevant statutes, court case decisions, legal articles, rulings of regulatory agencies, etc., with written summarizations of research and written recommendations for the attorney.
- Draft formal legal documents (motions, pleadings, settlements, etc.) for final attorney approval for use in state and federal courts and administrative agencies, drafts complex legal instruments, and attorney use.
- Draft simple legal documents (powers of attorney, affidavits, bills of sale, etc.) for direct use of clients without attorney review or supervision as well as correspondence appropriate for case issues, based on research and case issue analysis.
- Coordinate with Sex Assault Response Coordinator and Victim Advocate representatives to conduct initial intake of a victim and follow-up appointments for the victim to meet with the Special Victim Counsel
- Assist office clients with immigration and naturalization issues including assistance in obtaining permanent residency, citizenship and Visas.
- Serve as notary public.
Occasional travel - Temporary Duty Travel (TDY) will be up to 5 percent in performance of duties and for training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609135100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.