NOTE: Applicants are limited to applying to only two (2) locations.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Office of the Chief Immigration Judge, Executive Office for Immigration Review, U. S. Department of Justice.
This is a Competitive Service position; additional positions may be filled from this announcement within 90 days of certificate issuance.
The Supervisory Legal Administrative Specialist provides a range of legal support functions in the day-to-day management and oversight of the review and processing of documents, maintenance of case files and coordination of proceedings for master calendar hearings.
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Directing the activities and processing of actions which support court proceedings.
- Providing technical assistance to staff in locating, generating, organizing, assembling, cross-referencing and providing required case information to Judges.
- Ensuring staff is responsive to all case-related actions.
- Supervising a staff in the performance of a wide variety of administrative tasks related to master calendar hearings, the first appearance of the alien/respondent in front of an immigration judge.
- Overseeing the handling of case files for hearings.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609126200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.