The Medical Support Assistant (MSA) servesat the Iowa City VA Health Care System. The MSA performs duties related to the receipt, intake and indexing of health and administrative information and is responsible for scheduling appointments, including interpreting and verifying provider orders in accordance with VHA national scheduling guidelines.Learn more about this agency
Major duties include but are not limited to:
- Scheduling, canceling, re-scheduling patient's appointments and/or consults
- Entering no-show information
- Monitoring the Electronic Wait List
- Preparing for clinic visits
- Ensuring encounter forms are completed
- Monitoring both inpatient and outpatient appointments for areas of responsibility
- Verifying and updating demographics and insurance information
- Processing of all emergency and non-emergency transfers to other VA facilities or private hospitals
- Performing basic eligibility, co-pays and preauthorization requirements for specific coverage
- Routinely communicates with physicians, case managers and other allied health professional staff using sound interpersonal skills
Telework: Not available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
**This occupational series is eligible for the Student Loan Repayment Program (SLRP) and participation is available for highly qualified candidates. Participants must sign a service agreement and maintain an acceptable level of performance to remain eligible for this program.**
PLEASE NOTE: ALTHOUGH THIS ANNOUNCEMENT REMAINS OPEN UNTIL SEPTEMBER 30, 2021, WE WILL BEGIN SCREENING APPLICANTS ON AUGUST 3, 2021. WE WILL DO SUBSEQUENT SCREENING UP UNTIL THE ANNOUNCEMENT CLOSES AS NEW VACANCIES BECOME AVAILABLE.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609031200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.