THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a CIVIL ENGINEER (Title 5), Position Description Number T5904800 and is part of the IL 182 AW, National Guard.
As a CIVIL ENGINEER (Title 5), GS-0810-12, you will provide supervisory and technical assistance to the Base Engineer in overseeing and managing the engineering shops and production control functions.
- Plan and schedule work in a manner that promotes a smooth flow and even distribution.
- Plan work to be accomplished by subordinates, set and adjust short-term priorities, and prepare schedules.
- Balance workload and provide advice, guidance, and direction on a wide range of policy, investigative, inspection/exercise, strategic planning, and administrative issues.
- Identify requirements and initiate requests for additional resources including personnel, overtime, equipment, supplies, training and space to ensure success in meeting goals and objectives.
- Responsible for the acquisition, construction, maintenance, repair, and operating of real property facilities, and provides related management, engineering, and other support work.
- Exercise authority in planning, directing, controlling and coordinating architectural or engineering activities.
- Direct total operations through subordinate civilian supervisory and non-supervisory personnel.
- Consider a variety of elements in determining funds available, contour of land, soil condition, weather and its effect upon building material, new engineering concepts, USAF Guides, etc.
- Utilize program and planning documents in determining real property facility requirements for programmed units and activities within the installation.
- Accomplish long and short range planning for replacement of facilities or equipment including contingency operations for potential war or domestic emergency conditions.
- Oversee development and time phasing of operations and maintenance of real property facility and construction programs to ensure assimilation into the overall installation program.
- Coordinate on plans, exchange information, recommend policy or procedures and keep apprised of new architecture and engineering developments.
- Determine and coordinate acquisition and use of money, manpower, equipment and material.
- Plan required organizational structures to establish the essential functional elements necessary to carry out architectural/engineering responsibilities most effectively and economically.
- Provide technical instructions and information on architectural, engineering and other technical requirements and assign phases of projects to subordinate architects, engineers, engineering technicians, and draftsmen.
- Establish technical engineering and architectural processes, criteria, and functions.
- Prepare or direct the preparation of engineering and architectural drawings, specifications and independent cost estimates for the construction, modification and maintenance of a wide variety of military buildings, structures, pavements, grounds, and utilities systems.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/609010900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.