This position functions as an Inpatient Lead Pharmacy Technician. The incumbent is a highly specialized technician and will be assigned to various positions, including IV Sterile Compounding, Chemotherapy Sterile Compounding, Controlled Substance Management, Triage and Unit Dose medication packaging and distribution.Learn more about this agency
This is an open continuous announcement, applications will be reviewed and referred on a bi-weekly bases until the announcement is closed, canceled or filled.
This is an open continuous announcement. Resumes/Questionnaires received in USA Staffing in response to this announcement will be maintained in the USA Staffing job file. Qualification determinations will be done based on the applicant's resume/questionnaire submitted for the position and a list of qualified candidates will be referred to the Service. The Application packets for those who are found qualified for this position will be referred bi-week until the announcement is closed, canceled or filled.
- Communicate both orally and in writing to ensure successful transfer of critical patient or medication information.
- Applies advance knowledge of sterile compounding to act as a technical resource to staff working in the IV Room, answering questions on preparing IVs, .
- Works with IV Trainers to assist with development of training materials and provides input and recommendations for use of new technology and equipment.
- Applies and teaches safe handling when working with hazardous materials and compounding hazardous sterile products.
- Makes regular physical inventory of medications/supplies to ensure necessary stock levels are maintained and communicates any issues to procurement technicians.
- Triages phone calls into the inpatient pharmacy area and refers to a pharmacist when necessary.
- Works in many aspects of inpatient pharmacy service other then sterile compounding, including automation (Pyxis), distribution, labeling, packaging, documentation, controlled substance accountability, emergency cart replenishment, environmental condition software management and unit dose management.
- Provides initial troubleshooting of various automated equipment within IV and unit dose work areas.
- Assists in training of pharmacy employees, interns, residents and students.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608937900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.