This position is located on the National Forests in North Carolina, Pisgah Ranger DistrictLearn more about this agency
This position is located on a Forest Service unit. Responsible for the development and scheduling of annual work plans and the execution of field operations relating to the unit trails program.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Patrick Scott at 828-877-3350 or by email at email@example.com.
- Act as liaison with community organizations and interest groups to stimulate awareness and utilization of recreation facilities.
- Provide information and interpretive services to the public about recreational opportunities.
- Oversee contracted work to ensure it meets the provisions of the contract.
- Conduct inspection of contracted work for the final inspection reports for leadership.
- Conduct program review to determine completion of goals and objectives in support of the Agency mission.
- Formulate project work plans in accordance with agency policy to accomplish trail maintenance, rehabilitation, reconstruction, and construction projects.
- Promote District and Forest Safety Programs by conducting safety training and safety sessions.
- Write safety and health hazard analyses reports to ensure the safety of employees.
- Implement trail, and/or wilderness and bridge construction and reconstruction projects in accordance with policy.
- Ensure wilderness areas and trails are maintained to established trail standards.
Occasional travel - Occasional with overnight lodging will be required for meetings, trainings, workshops, and field/site visits and reviews.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608910500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.