The Lead Health Technician (Telehealth Clinical) provides an array of complex and specialized duties related to leadership, staff education, technology management, as well as project and program management for all dimensions of virtual care and telehealth initiatives; the incumbent maintains responsibility for day-to-day operation of telehealth services, as well as participating in the programmatic development and advanced support of the facility-wide telehealth program.Learn more about this agency
Duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Leading a team of telehealth staff by providing guidance and technical direction relating to the telehealth program;
- Working with the supervisor to develop assignments for team members in order to meet routine and unusual deadlines and priorities;
- Distributing and balancing workload and tasks among employees in accordance with established workflow and/or job specialization and required rotations;
- Serving as the work leader, monitors the status and progress of team members' work and makes day-to-day adjustments in accordance with established priorities;
- Giving on-the-job training to new employees (local and at the CBOC (Community-Based Outpatient Clinics) sites). Instructing employees in specific tasks and job techniques, making available written instructions and reference materials for use by team members in the accomplishment of tasks or projects;
- Monitoring and reporting on the status and progress of work to ensure that the supervisor's instructions on work priorities, methods, deadlines and quality have been met;
- Providing information to the supervisor concerning promotions, reassignment, recognition of outstanding performance, and personnel needs;
- Reporting to the supervisor on training needs of employees and conduct or performance issues;- resolving simple, informal complaints of employees and referring others, such as formal grievances and appeals, to the supervisor or an appropriate management official;
- Using a needs assessment, service agreements and other tools, collaborating with stakeholders to develop new programs and processes to ensure telehealth programs are meeting the strategic plans of the healthcare system;
- Identifying and recommending ways of eliminating, combining, simplifying procedures and processes of the telehealth program. Supporting efforts to effect necessary change;
- Independently reviewing quality and performance data (e.g. patient satisfaction surveys, image quality, performance metrics, clinic wait times) for Telehealth programs effectiveness and satisfaction and developing process improvements as required;
- Coordinating with vendors, Biomed and IT to upgrade and or replace Telehealth technologies to minimize impact on patient care;
- Developing and coordinating a wide variety of standard operating procedures with full and complete technical advice to ensure telehealth operations are timely, efficient, and appropriate;
- Providing standardized developed competency-based training for telehealth technology, facilitating interactive simulations for clinical staff participating in telehealth programs;
- Maintaining national certification and serving as a Telehealth Preceptor to independently plan and carry out standardized developed training in accordance with established telehealth program policies and directives. Conducting reviews to ensure technologies and systems are functioning prior to training and that trainees have completed prerequisites. Evaluating skills and competencies for initial certification and on-going performance evaluation. Providing remedial raining as needed and reports to supervisor regarding ongoing performance. Maintain knowledge of current standard practices;
- Gathering, compiling and analyzing data and statistics to develop integrated reports designed to assess impact, demand and utilization of Telehealth services for submission to facility and Veteran Integrated Service Network (VISN) leadership;
- Maintaining responsibility for facility inventory management and registering and maintaining telehealth end points and scheduling of multi-point video conference calls in the Telepresence Management System or other similar application;
- Leading performance improvement activities aimed at improving the efficiency of the patient telehealth processes;- developing reporting procedures, sampling techniques and measurements at various points in the telehealth processes to identify/analyze inherent weaknesses in work and procedures and advises others as to trends in the processes of patient telehealth services;
- Coordinating clinic set up and monitoring of workload capture and issues for all telehealth clinics and sites, to include interfacility workload;- supporting designated, complex telehealth programs that require advanced technical skillsets.
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Functional Statement #: PDF03153
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Permanent Change of Station (PCS): Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608903000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.