This position is in the Northern Region, Idaho Panhandle National Forests. The duty location may be Coeur d'Alene, Bonners Ferry, St Maries, or Sandpoint, ID.Learn more about this agency
The incumbent serves as the Archeologist and Cultural Resource Manager responsible for administering and providing interpretive services for historical and cultural programs on the forest.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact James Gebhardt at 208-819-6195 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Formulate short- and long-range plans for the management of archeological and historical resources in conformance with guidelines and priorities of the Land Management Plan and Cultural Resources Planning Assessment.
- Administer the cultural resources program including compliance surveys and clearances, interpretation, coordination with other resources, stabilization, and permits.
- Coordinate with professional archeologists from other State and Federal agencies, universities, museums, consulting firms, and research organizations.
- Advise the Forest Supervisor and management team on the requirements, impacts, and consequences of current legislation and directives affecting cultural resource management.
- Identify, collect, and preserve documentary evidence pertaining to history or administrative history.
- Write, edit, and prepare cultural resources interpretive information based on synthesis of archeological and historical research.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required for training, meetings, and site visits. Individual will also be required to report to the supervisor's office 1-2 days per week as needed if duty location is other than the supervisors office, Coeur d'Alene, Idaho.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608778100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.