You will serve as a TECHNICAL WRITER/EDITOR (INFORMATION SYSTEMS) in the Information Systems (IS) Department (N6), Systems and Data Management Division of NAVAIR TRAINING HUMAN CAPITAL MGMT GRP located in Corpus Christi, TX.Learn more about this agency
- You will plan, coordinate, and examine technical documentation for the CNATRA Command Information Office (CIO).
- You will be responsible for judging whether the particular materials (e.g. text, graphics, etc.) employed are appropriate to the assignment and suitably presented to ensure clarity and accuracy.
- You will obtain information pertinent to the preparation of assigned documentation through research of specialized resources (i.e., specifications, correspondence, engineering drawings, test cases, etc.).
- You will compose and write functional narratives.
- You will determine need for illustrations and areas of depiction required to show system state during applicable steps of maintenance, modification, or normal use.
- You will provide substantive technical writing and editing assistance across the Information Systems department to improve overall quality and consistency of deliverable products.
- You will advise staff on technical communication matters.
- You will be responsible to ensure all the products adhere to uniform editorial standards in the writing and editing on information systems documents.
- You will develop templates and protocols for technical documents to achieve consistency and to avoid unnecessary and repetitive effort.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608756500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.