This position is located within the Clinical Science Research and Development (CSRD) Service, Office of Research and Development (ORD), Veterans Health Administration (VHA) Central Office.Learn more about this agency
CSRD is one of four scientific services of ORD within VHA Central Office. CSRD supports human studies research, including, interventional and effectiveness studies, clinical, epidemiological and technical studies of disorders and diseases of importance to the health of Veterans. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assessing the special expertise needed to review proposals and making recommendations for reviewer assignments.
- Managing review of letters of intent (LOIs) for clinical trials.
- Participating in activities required to initiate clinical trials.
- Overseeing patient recruitment activities to ensure that recruitment targets are met.
- Monitoring and evaluating Scientific Merit review process and implementation of programs.
- Evaluating projects recommended for funding and contributing to general portfolio management.
- Compiling data on CSRD and ORD funded research into concise reports for internal and external audiences.
- Ensuring that CSRD research discoveries/information are made available to the media and the general public on internet sites.
- Preparing notification letters that accurately convey and evaluation of scientific merit.
- Providing technical guidance to investigators and Service Director about ongoing research proposals, review criteria, and completed projects.
- Representing CSRD in communications and/or meetings with senior management within and outside VA.
- Participating in the development of a strategic plan for identifying and addressing needs of the research program.
- Designing and developing electronic resources for data collection , storage and reporting.
- Interacting with oversight committees to ensure that studies are conducted safely.
- Developing mission statements and policy documents for the clinical research program.
- Developing or revising and communicating policies and procedures to various constituents.
Promotion Potential: The selectee may be promoted to the full performance level without further competition when all regulatory, qualification, and performance requirements are met. Selection at a lower grade level does not guarantee promotion to the full performance level.
Work Schedule: Monday - Friday, 8:00am - 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible: May be available
Telework: May be available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Health Science Specialist/PD02049-0 / 020500
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608744600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.