This position is within the Clinical Science Research and Development Service (CSR&D), Office of Research and Development, at VA Central Office in Washington, D.C. CSR&D supports human studies research, including, interventional and effectiveness studies, clinical, epidemiological and technical studies of disorders and diseases of importance to the health of Veterans.Learn more about this agency
***THIS IS NOT A VIRTUAL POSITION, YOU MUST LIVE WITHIN OR BE WILLING TO RELOCATE WITHIN A COMMUTABLE DISTANCE OF THE DUTY LOCATION***
This position involves a multi-grade career ladder. The major duties listed below represent the full performance level of GS-13. At the GS-12 grade level, you will perform assignments of a more limited scope and with less independence. You will progressively acquire the background necessary to perform at the full performance level of GS-13. Promotion is at the discretion of the supervisor and is contingent upon satisfactory performance, availability of higher-level work, and availability of funds.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Participates in the development of a strategic plan for identifying and addressing needs of the research program.
- Manages data management and data integrity activities.
- Designs and develops electronic resources for data collection, storage, and reporting.
- Identifies and resolves issues with data management and reporting.
- Compiles data on CSR&D and ORD funded research into concise reports for internal and external audiences.
- Assesses the special expertise needed to review research proposals and makes recommendations for reviewer assignmentsts.
- Manages review of Letters of Intent for clinical trials projects.
- Participates in activities required to initiate clinical trials.
- Oversees patient recruitment activities to ensure that recruitment targets are met.
- Interacts with oversight committees to ensure that studies are conducted safely.
- Develops mission statements and policy documents for the clinical research program.
- Monitors and evaluates scientific Merit review of research proposals process and implementation of programs.
- Develops or revises and communicates policies and procedures to various constituents.
- Evaluates medical research projects recommended for funding and contributing to general portfolio management.
- Prepares notification letters that accurately convey an evaluation of the scientific merit.
- Ensures that CSRD research discoveries/information are made available to the media and the general public on internet sites.
- Represents CSRD in communications and/or meetings with senior management within and outside VA.
- Provides technical guidance to investigators and Service Director about ongoing research proposals, review criteria, and completed projects.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Recruitment & Relocation Incentives: Not authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not Required
Occasional travel - Some travel outside the Washington, D.C., area is necessary.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608737200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.