These positions are located in the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (OCHCO), Associate Director for Human Resources Operations and Policy (ADHROP), Operations Branch (OB) and Workforce Management Branch (WMBB), in Rockville, Maryland.
These are Non-Bargaining Unit positions.
Selectees will not be subject to Office of Government Ethics Confidential Financial Disclosure reporting requirements.
* Multiple selections may be made from this vacancy announcement.Learn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist, you will provide advice, guidance, and assistance in assigned offices to staff, supervisors, and managers in the areas employment, staffing, merit selection, position management and classification, pay setting, awards, performance management, employee benefits, and/or executive resources. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Providing responsive advice and assistance to management on a wide range of human resources issues and problems.
- Providing professional assistance in arriving at acceptable alternatives for accomplishing immediate and future human resources requirements of the office.
- Preparing and disseminating vacancy announcements and offering suggestions and recommendations for fulfilling current and future resource needs.
- Providing day-to-day staffing services for the staff and employees of assigned offices and programs
- Reviewing and analyzing positions to determine proper title, series, and grade and advising managers on position management issues.
- Conducting and responding to desk audit requests and advising managers on the adequacy of position descriptions.
- Evaluating and processing personnel action requests such as promotions, reassignments, and separations utilizing various human resources information technology systems.
Occasional travel - Minimal travel may be required to participate in training or attend meetings and conferences.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608718000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.