Learn more about this agency
The Incumbent serves as the Health System Specialist for the Chief of Staff (COS) who is an Executive Leadership Team (Pentad) Member Central Alabama VA Health Care System (CAVHCS) located in Montgomery and Tuskegee, Alabama. The incumbent functions under the direct supervision of one of the s (COS) on issues and decisions affecting medical center operations.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Assists their respective Pentad member in planning, organizing, directly evaluating, advising and coordinating administrative activities. Responsibilities include improvement of productivity, management controls, and short- and long-range planning.
- Advises top management on matters impacted by programmatic and systematic changes.
- The incumbent advises on a formulations policies and procedures, adapting existing policies and procedures and/or formulating new policies and procedures.
- The incumbent assist with resource allocation decisions by involving resources to include FTE ceiling, hours of duty, salary budget, supply budget, equipment budget, space utilization, maintenance contracts etc.
- The incumbent makes appropriate recommendations to top management based on data analysis and findings of projects assigned.
- Assists the their respective Pentad member in preparation of a variety of daily, weekly, monthly, and annual reports.
- Participates and represents their respective Pentad member on Medical Center committees and workgroups and in meetings that support the hospital mission.
- Carries out a variety of special assignments as required by these committees, workgroups, and the needs of top management and the facility. These are on diverse issues and frequently have short deadlines.
- Prepares written documents and correspondence on behalf of the their respective Pentad member and for the facility.
- Provides technical and administrative oversight for all extra views required to be submitted for the services under their respective Pentad Member.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Schedule: 8am to 4:30pm
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position
Position Description/PD#: Health System Specialist/PD01762A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: May be offered to highly qualified applicants
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
50% or less - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608607500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.