One vacancy is located on the Inyo National Forest and duty station will be either on the White Mountain Ranger District in Bishop, CA or Mt. Whitney Ranger District in Lone Pine, CA.Learn more about this agency
The Rangeland Management Specialist has responsibility for managing, planning, coordinating, and reporting on an ecosystem-based rangeland management program on the District.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact David Andersen at 760-876-6227 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The duties listed below are at the full performance level.
- Advise landowners and land lessees on principles of rangeland management and the laws, regulations, and policies governing management of range resources.
- Conduct inventories and monitoring of rangeland resource and activities to document degree of impacts occurring, plant community changes and trend of ecological status or diversity that results.
- Plan and implement rangeland improvement projects to help achieve the land and resource management goals and objectives for the Unit.
- Serve on interdisciplinary teams, evaluating rangeland resource and ecosystem impacts, identify alternatives, and trade-offs or results of various rangeland project proposals.
- Advise rangeland users of various activities affecting their use of specific rangeland areas.
- Prepare long and short-range plans based on rangeland resource needs/health/capability, available work force, equipment and budget, and public demands for rangeland resource uses.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and evaluation of rangeland projects.
- Prepare Environmental assessments as a member of an interdisciplinary team
- Prepare livestock management plans for determining location and proper stocking.
- Serve as principal contact and negotiator on rangeland resources and activities.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel may be required to attend training, meetings and perform project related work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608538600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.