PLEASE READ THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IN ITS ENTIRETY BEFORE BEGINNING THE APPLICATION PROCESS TO ENSURE YOU SUBMIT ALL THE REQUIRED DOCUMENTS. This Job Opportunity Announcement will be used to fill a Pipefitter, WG-4204-10 position with Engineering Service at the Central Alabama Veterans Healthcare System.Learn more about this agency
The position is assigned to the Utilities Section, Engineering Service and serves the Tuskegee - East and Montgomery - West Central Alabama VHCS locations, and community based outpatient clinics at Dothan, Fort Rucker Wiregrass and Monroeville. The primary functions of this position included, but is not limited to:
- Maintenance, repair, modification and operations functions of the facility, utilities and distribution systems, building service equipment, machinery and metal work.
- Installs, modifies, repairs, cleans, adjusts and maintains mew and existing high-pressure piping systems and equipment (steam heating, hot water and steam generation, radiators, steam sterilizers, heat exchangers hot water and condensate tanks.
- Works on a variety of high-pressure piping systems and equipment.
- Repairs/replaces a variety of systems components and parts to include piping, expansion joints, condensate and circulating pumps, regulators, valves, coils, diaphragms, steam fitters, traps, fittings, gauges, and thermostats working from blueprints, lay-out sketches and specifications.
- Sets up and routes and locates and marks spots of openings for which pipes are to pass through.
- Performs standard previously done welding operations such as spot, seam, and flash using electric resistance welding machines as well as gas torch welding process.
- Provide a full range of journeyman level plumbing tasks including estimating material requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position Description Title/PD#: 619-9281-A, Pipefitter
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608513700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.