Securing Travel, Protecting People - At the Transportation Security Administration, you will serve in a high-stakes environment to safeguard the American way of life. In cities across the country, you would secure airports, seaports, railroads, highways, and/or public transit systems, thus protecting America's transportation infrastructure and ensuring freedom of movement for people and commerce. For additional information about our agency please: Click HereLearn more about this agency
As a Human Resources Specialist for Security Operations (SO), Transportation Security Administration (TSA), Department of Homeland Security (DHS), you will:
- Provide Human Resource related advice and guidance to professionals, managers, and employees sufficient to resolve recurring problems or those requiring adaptation of past precedents.
- Initiate, track and following up on cases and studies ensuring timely completion and regulatory compliance.
- Provide technical interpretations and guidance on Human Resource Management matters such as employee relations, labor relations, payroll and benefits, classification, staffing, and recruitment.
- Coordinate with Office of Human Capital senior specialists to ensure that the human capital decisions and activities within the organizational segment are consistent with Merit System Principles.
- Review decision letters regarding appeals and grievance for accuracy prior to delivery.
- Formulate creative resolutions to problems by applying knowledge of Workers' Compensation and other applicable technical program areas.
Occasional travel - A minimum of one (1) week of travel in a full-time duty status will be required within 90-days of entry on duty to complete TSA’s in residence New Hire Training. This training will occur away from the employee’s duty station of record. Employees will be paid for compensable hours and reimbursed for authorized travel expenses per TSA Travel Policy.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608505600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.