This position is in a Veteran Affairs Medical Center (VAMC) facility aligned with a Consolidated Patient Account Center (CPAC) organizationally under the Chief Operating Officer (COO). The CPAC is a regionally consolidated business entity established to enhance revenue within Veterans Health Administration (VHA) using an industry best model built on regional management of key aspects of the revenue cycle, process standardization, accountability, and economies of scale.Learn more about this agency
- Assigns disposition instructions, and implements the most responsive and cost-effective means for managing them.
- Independently researches, analyzes, generates, and corrects Veteran's First Party co-payments for care as it pertains to a variety of complex VA programs.
- Accesses, retrieves, manages, and processes various revenue reports.
- Accesses various menu options to identify, review, analyze, process and complete First Party and Third Party encounters and billing-related activities.
- Resolves operational problems as it applies to Veterans accounts in other units within CPAC.
- Assists in synchronizing and the operationalization of all revenue activities regarding Care in the Community with the various agencies.
- Applies analytical and evaluation techniques to determine if First Party co-payment bills are appropriate.
Work Schedule: 8:00am-4:30pm Monday-Friday
Telework: Adhoc potentially available with Supervisor approval occasionally after fully trained.
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Reimbursable Billing Technician/PD05619A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608480300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.