This is a National Guard Title 32 Excepted Position for a AIRCRAFT ORDNANCE SYSTEMS MECHANIC, Position Description Number D0115000 and is a part of the 169 MXS, SC Air National Guard.Learn more about this agency
This position is located in the Egress Systems Shop of the Aerospace Systems Section, Field Maintenance Branch, Aircraft Maintenance Division. The primary purpose of this position is to perform on and off equipment maintenance on aircraft egress systems, such as aircraft ejection seats, extraction and escape systems, egress components of jettison canopies, explosive components of escape hatches and doors, and egress trainers.
1. Troubleshoots, installs, removes, repairs. modifies, adjusts, inspects, and tests such components as regulators, flow indicators, actuator motors, thruster and positioning mechanisms, seat actuators, catapult guide rails, ejection seats, rocket packs, and canopies, etc. Inspects for safety, serviceability, and maintainability of systems prior to installation, removal, repair, or adjustments of components and insures proper installation and positioning of safety pins. initiators, simulators, and clearing mechanisms. Visually inspects ballistic lines, tubes, hoses, and linkage for damage, deterioriation, restrictions, and security of connections and mountings, and performs corrective maintenance as required. Stores egress explosives IAW AFOSH standards.
2. Inspects pressurization system air pressure gauges for sufficient pressure and bottles and regulators for general condition and serviceabilitv. Checks canopy and capsule structure and associated seals, latches, and locks for damage and security. Installs and maintains Jet Assistance Take Off (JATO) systems when applicable. Isolates the malfunction and takes necessary corrective action. Positions, repairs, and adjusts required aerospace ground equipment, such as rail extensions, hoists, slings. dollies, and trailers used in performing maintenance tasks.
3. Performs installation, modification, and repair of aircraft egress systems. Solves unusual installation and maintenance problems by studying layout drawings, schematic and wiring diagrams, applicable technical publications, and analyzing construction and operating characteristics of egress systems. Selects proper maintenance and repair procedures and corrects the malfunction and/or defective equipment. Diagnoses recurring malfunctions and recommends corrective action by initiation of Quality Deficiency Reports, proposed modifications, or other appropriate action. Performs Time Compliance Technical Orders (TCTO'S) related to egress systems.
4. Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations such as ORI, IC and UE inspections, mobility, and command support exercises. Mav be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions 1oadinE and handling. heavy equipment operator, maintenance of facilities and equivrrent or serves as a member of a teem to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608466500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.