Joining the Secret Service, Office of Investigations, Forensic Services Division will allow you to utilize your expertise in fingerprint analysis to support criminal investigations carried out by the Secret Service. For more information on the Secret Service click here.Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as Fingerprint Specialist in the Office of Investigations, Forensic Services Division. Typical work assignments include:
- Ability to apply technical knowledge of the entry and searching of latent and inked prints in Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems (AFIS).
- Knowledge of concepts, principles, and practices associated with the processing and development of latent prints to serve as a technical authority for assigned programs and apply technical knowledge of the techniques for the processing and development of latent prints.
- Ability to advise, consult and assist intelligence and investigative personnel and legal counsel regarding all aspects of handling of physical evidence and material.
- Providing technical expert guidance and experience in multi-faceted legal court proceedings, expert witness testimony in the latent print discipline, to include trace evidence collection, testifying under direct and cross examination to explain technical procedures, interpret results and findings.
- Creating illustrative court exhibits using various platforms (digital or photographic).
Apply for this exciting opportunity to impact the the ability of the Secret Service to successfully complete its investigative mission. The Fingerprint Specialist position starts at a salary of $60,129 (GS-09, step 1), with potential to $94,581 (GS-11, step 10).
13 - Full Performance Level (FPL)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608394600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.