This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Learn moreLearn more about this agency
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Learn more
This is an OPEN CONTINUOUS ANNOUNCEMENT. The initial cut-off date for referral of eligible applications will be August 31, 2021 and applicants will be referred on monthly basis after that. NOTE: Announcement will remain open until no longer needed but no later than December 31, 2021.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Staff Interventional Cardiologists are ultimately responsible for the oversight of all aspects of cardiac and medical care delivered to patients under their care.
2. Staff Interventional Cardiologists provide or assist fellows, residents, students and/or nurse practitioners in the process of evaluation and treatment of the patient, and actively participate in corrective actions against untoward responses (i.e., complications) related to procedural interventions.
3. Staff Interventional Cardiologists evaluate the patient to assess changes in the physical and mental status during their stay. A history and physical note, with the appropriate level of detail, will be entered into the medical record along with an assessment and plan for acute and ongoing care as well as discharge planning. A progress and/or Procedure note is written in the patient's chart daily. Notes also include the concurrence with notes written by the fellow, resident, student or Nurse Practitioner, and attending notes as appropriate, in a manner consistent with the VA guidelines for resident and fellow supervision.
4. Staff Interventional Cardiologists perform inpatient medical evaluations and treatment, as well as provide consultative services to non-medicine services in a timely manner.
5. During scheduled tour hours, Staff Interventional Cardiologists shall be available for all urgent assessments and interventions (i.e., PCI for STEMI) as part of the cath lab team. Evening and/or night call may be required as determined by service needs.
6. Staff Interventional Cardiologists are appropriately credentialed and privileged. They participate in various hospital committees, Medicine Service and hospital in-service programs, and education programs of the Medicine Service and the hospital. They are also involved in continuous quality improvement through the VA peer review process.
7. Staff Interventional Cardiologists shall be responsible for providing graduate and undergraduate medical education, and scientific research as appropriate.
Work Schedule: Monday through Friday; 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. will participate in general cardiology call once every 5 weeks including weekends to cover the floor and interventional cardiology call 1:3 weekly coverage and rotating holidays.
Pay Schedule: The salary range listed in this announcement is a Base-Line Salary for a full-time work schedule.
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive: Recruitment or relocation incentive is authorized for highly qualified candidates.
Permanent Change of Station (PCS) relocation assistance: Not Available
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases.
Paid Time Off: 26 days paid annual leave (carryover up to 86 days), 13 days paid annual sick leave (unlimited carryover), 10 paid Federal holidays per year.
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years' vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA.
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement).
Licensure: One full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory and you can practice anywhere in VHA.
CME: Possible $1,000 per year stipend + possible 1 week paid authorized absence to attend.
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided.
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting and no restrictive covenants.
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Occasional travel - There may be occasional travel for this position to and from the Main Campus on West Tenth Street and the Community Based Outpatient Clinics
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608359600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.