The VA Long Beach Healthcare System is currently recruiting one Supervisory Health System Specialist in the Office of the Chief of Staff in Long Beach, CA. The incumbent oversees all functions related to healthcare providers' professional credentials supporting all divisions of the VAMC in accordance with VHA Credentialing and Privileging, Directives, VA Handbooks, Policies, Memos & Notices.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Identify/present to leadership the resources necessary for accomplishing the mission and/or function of the facility's Credentialing and Privileging program.
- Demonstrate expertise in utilization of the VetPro credentialing system including knowledge of the credentialing and privileging process, documentation of primary source verifications, and how to audit credentialing files and/or reporting functions.
- Identify developmental and training needs of employees; provide or arrange for needed development and training; advocate to leadership and/or program officials for training resources.
- Utilize cost-effectiveness, cost-benefit, and cost-utility analyses in programmatic prioritization and/or decision making.
- Conduct supervisory reviews of completed tasks, present information, and make recommendations on how to improve.
- Develop statistical, graphical, and narrative reports justifying training or changes in processes to improve systems effectiveness/efficiency and/or customer service quality.
- Determine appropriate actions, including those resulting from VISN and local level reviews, initial and recredentialing processes, reporting and data trends, identify issues that require further review, electronic credentialing database and/or clinical privilege maintenance.
- Monitor and audit the VAMC C&P program utilizing VetPro reports, mandatory auditing and reporting tools.
- Ensure national level reporting requirements are accurately completed, quarterly security reports, quarterly accuracy certification of the Our Provider's website, and accuracy of the VA/DoD shared provider registry.
- Ensure mandatory reviews and recommendations are documented in the electronic credentialing database; manage facility accounts; ensure appointed licensed providers maintain an active enrollment.
- Ensure information accuracy; review credentialing files for inaccuracies; manage troubleshooting efforts; take corrective actions; and conduct quarterly reviews and/or certifications.
- Manage enrollments, single queries and re-enrollments; prepare and submitting reports for adverse privileging actions.
- Managing a Credentialing and Privileging Staff
- Program Advisor for Credentialing and Privileging for ELT
- Expertise in Privileging process for the Licensed independent providers and Dependent
- Quality Assurance in Credentialing and Privileging program and provides assistance in the OPPE/FPPE process
- knowledge in Credentialing and Privileging reports and telehealth provider tracking
- VetPro Security and Privacy compliance; State Licensing Board Reporting
Telework: Not Authorized
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Supervisory Health System Specialist (Credentialing & Privileging Manager)/PD99874A
Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: May be Authorized for highly qualified
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608336000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.