THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 32 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION THAT REQUIRES MILITARY MEMBERSHIP.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, Position Description Number PDD0806000 and is part of the Mississippi National Guard.
As a AIRCRAFT MECHANIC SUPERVISOR, WS-8852-12, you will provide overall direction and coordination of the subordinate work activities and functions. Work is carried out by two or more separate organizational units and is controlled through a small number of subordinate supervisors. The work involves two or more dissimilar or unrelated occupations. The occupation and nonsupervisory grade level which best reflects the nature of the overall work operations supervised is Aircraft Mechanic, WG-8852-10.
(1) Plans the overall allocation of personnel and other resources to the organizational segments supervised to accomplish work operations which, because of their scope, volume, and complexity, must be planned on a quarterly or longer basis. Analyzes the work plans developed by subordinate supervisors for accomplishment of assigned work orders and projects and the status of work being accomplished in relation to overall schedule requirements, including unanticipated or emergency requirements. Provides higher level managers and/or supervisors information on status of work projects, budget estimates, changes in equipment, facilities, techniques, etc. Participates in planning conferences and meetings.
(2) Coordinates and directs the work of units supervised. Assigns and explains work requirements to subordinate supervisors and sets deadlines. Balances work load for subordinate work groups. Promotes economical and efficient work operations. Analyzes production, cost and personnel utilization records and makes adjustment in operations to correct problems. Prepares operating instructions and work plans to be followed by subordinate workers in accomplishing critical or emergency work projects. Spot checks work operations to assure production and quality standards are met. Coordinates work operations with other organizations and functions. Encourages employees to achieve management goals.
(3) Recommends promotion or reassignment of subordinate supervisors and reviews personnel actions prepared by them. Makes formal appraisal of supervisors' work performance and reviews employee appraisals submitted by them. Determines training needs for all levels of subordinates. Promotes and administers such programs as cost reduction, incentive awards, suggestions, and quality assurance. Ensures that regulations governing safety and housekeeping are observed. Assures that subordinate supervisors carry out such programs as labor-management and equal opportunity. Schedules leave. Ensures that position descriptions are accurate and that position management principles are followed. Assures that appropriate production reports and administrative records are maintained. Acts on personnel problems referred by subordinate supervisors. Hears and resolves grievances and ensures proper corrective action is taken.
(4) Implements safety regulatory requirements. Ensures that subordinates wear appropriate safety equipment and follow pertinent safety precautions.
(5) Prepares for and participates in various types of readiness evaluations, inspections, mobilization and command support exercises. May be required to perform such additional duties as structural fire fighting, aircraft fire/crash/rescue duty, security guard, snow removal, munitions loading and handling, heavy equipment operation, maintenance of facilities and equipment, or to serve as a team member on boards to cope with natural disasters or civil emergencies.
(6) Performs other duties as assigned.
Details of the duties and responsibilities are contained in the applicable position description located online, on the FASCLASS website. https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608324700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.