This position is located in the Smithsonian Institution Anacostia Community Museum (ACM). The incumbent serves as Project Manager for all museum wide projects. These projects may include exhibits (on site in the gallery, on site outside, and off site in the local community), educational experiences related to exhibits such as the creation of audio tours, exhibit opening and closing events, and school related programs.Learn more about this agency
As a Project Manager, the incumbent will perform the following functions:
- Serves as point of contact (POC) for staff and clients for ACM project.
- Acts as the main keeper of project information and assures that all stakeholders are kept up to date on all relevant.
- Promotes organizational effectiveness by sharing knowledge and techniques, demonstrating and encouraging cooperation and teamwork.
- Manages all aspect of assigned projects following ACM’s and the SI’s policies and procedures from project planning to execution and close-outs.
- Acts as interpretive specialist to help to articulate themes with the project team, developing outlines, facilitating discussion and writing summaries.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608247300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.