About the Position: Works under general supervision of maintenance supervisor who makes assignments in the form of work orders or oral instructions which may include blueprints, sketches or other specifications. Work is occasionally spot checked for adequacy and completeness. Incumbent is responsible for determining work methods, laying out work, and completing assignments in accordance with oral and written instructions, available guides, and trade techniques.Learn more about this agency
- Lays out the work, constructs, assembles, and installs the entire system.
- Reads sketches, blueprints and/or other specifications and determines welding methods and techniques.
- Plans the processes and steps to be taken, the kind and types of metals to use, calculating angles and degrees of curve and pitch.
- Uses shop mathematics in developing templates and patterns to lay out the work, making the necessary allowances for metal involved.
- Installs and repairs steel framework and other metal parts of buildings, towers and all types of structures and equipment.
- Brazing and burning of metals which require a, good knowledge of how different metals work with or react against each other.
- Operate machinery such as punches, shears, drills, press, welders and other hand tools.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel 10% for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608233200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.