The incumbent will provide professional scientific support and expertise for designing and conducting research focused on identifying, analyzing, and reporting on occupational safety and health issues. The development of methods in this research also may advance the health science field and improve occupational safety and health for the public.Learn more about this agency
- Plan and conduct complex scientific research studies, including laboratory and field investigations, to identify and better understand emerging health and safety issues and problems
- Serve as principal investigator, scientific research project team leader and/or scientific researcher for scientific studies of various emerging health and safety issues and problems
- Conduct feasibility studies to evaluate potential research projects, including the identification of occupational groups suitable for conduct of the research.
- Prepare technical research papers, reports, and other documents pertaining to occupational health and safety research for publication in scientific journals or presentation at scientific meetings.
- Initiate and maintain contacts with epidemiologists, health scientists, engineers, physicians, statisticians, and other research personnel in government agencies, academic institutions, and industry, who are involved in common areas of research.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position. (Up to 10% domestically)
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608205700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.