This position is located on the Mendocino National Forest, Grindstone Ranger District, Willows, CA.Learn more about this agency
The purpose of the position is the planning and implementation of a recreation resource program including lands, recreation special uses, wilderness, dispersed recreation, developed sites, trails and scenery management.
For additional information about the duties of this position, please contact Loren Everest at 530-934-1250 or at email@example.com
- Plan future recreation use and development by providing input into all levels of environmental analysis, ensuring integration of a wide variety factors and influences in plans and environmental designs.
- Coordinate planning and implementation of interpretive services and conservation education programs, and work with unit to develop grant initiatives/proposals.
- Serve as unit?s accessibility coordinator and ensure that programs, services and facilities are consistent with standards and guidelines
- Serve as unit?s scenery resource specialist and participate on interdisciplinary teams for considering all alternatives in the resource project description and design.
- Prepare project scopes, budgets, and schedules in consultation with the program coordinator and budget specialist.
- Work with engineering and other staff to develop contract packages for construction projects, prepare quantity and cost estimates, and monitor construction
- Assure goals and objectives are being met in approved resource land management plan.
- Assure all program management activities remain responsive to identified customer needs
- Review and synthesize complex permit applications and background data to prepare and issue draft/final/modified permits, fact sheets, and public notices.
- Develop technical progress reports of findings when needed.
- Responsible for environmental analysis reviews, reports, evaluation and the preparation environmental impact statements.
- Develop and maintain internal and external cooperative relationships with a variety of agencies, organizations and private individuals and groups interested in partnering with the agency.
- Provide professional advice and support in the planning, design, development, implementation, and evaluation of program/project activities.
- Participate in decisions as part of the unit's management team.
- Provide expertise and advice in the administration of special use programs and projects.
- Plan the work to be accomplished by assigning work to employees and establishing production or quality standards for the unit?s work.
- Establish and communicate guidelines and performance requirements to employees including conducting formal performance reviews and identifying developmental and training needs of employees.
- Perform administrative and human resources management functions for the unit such as providing advice, counsel or instruction on both administrative and work matters.
- Foster an inclusive workplace where diversity and individual differences are leveraged to achieve the vision and mission of the organization.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608203300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.