The incumbent seves as senior advisor and has the responsibility for providing advice and technical assistance in the planning, development, and evaluation of the effectiveness of CDC's public heath programs' communication with targeted audiences, using a variety of communication methods.Learn more about this agency
As an Public Affairs Specialist you will:
- Provide primary guidance for the development, distribution and evaluation of materials and reports that communicate agency-wide program and research activities.
- Provide advanced competency and knowledge of effective communication strategies, messaging, and venues for individual audience needs for information.
- Analyze various communication requirements, creates unique solutions in communication strategy through needs assessment, evaluates approaches, and modifies strategies appropriately.
- Ensure the quality of communication plan(s), assuring technical assistance and services are effectively provided as appropriate.
- Develop communication plans, by considering such items as specific topics or aspects to emphasize and the most effective mechanism to use in communicating with intended audiences; the kind of information various groups want or need; and other relevant requirements to effectively communicate the agency's mission and role.
Occasional travel - Domestic 5-10%
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608203000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.