THIS IS A NATIONAL GUARD TITLE 5 EXCEPTED SERVICE POSITION.Learn more about this agency
This National Guard position is for a FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST, Position Description Number T5635000 and is part of the OH 179 Airlift Wing, National Guard.
The purpose of this position is plan, coordinate, and perform comprehensive Financial Management analysis, decision support and quality reviews, of base level accounting and financial management programs.
As a FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT ANALYST, GS-0501-9, you will perform the following duties:
1. Processes data and performs broad-in-depth financial analysis of interrelated accounting, military and civilian pay, accounts payable and receivable, and various travel entitlements to resolve especially difficult and sensitive, out-of-balance conditions associated with processing actions within Financial Management systems. Analyzes and evaluates data to conduct a variety of fiscal reconciliations, reviews, and account adjustments. Reconciles Resource Center Manager (RCM) accounts ensuring data integrity. Coordinates with the Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS) and posts validated accounts to the General Ledger.
2. Analyzes and accurately processes financial services transactions (i.e., payroll, debts, and miscellaneous entitlements) while applying quality assurances techniques. Resolves complex functional problems within the pay system for affected customers. Facilitates the resolution of intricate entitlement discrepancies for serviced customers, and ensures proper interfaces with appropriate DOD agencies and federal financial systems.
3. Analyzes and measures the effectiveness and efficiency of financial operations; reliability of financial reporting; compliance with policies, regulations, applicable laws and guidance; and ensures that internal controls are in place.
4. Aggregates data from multiple financial systems and sources in order to directly or indirectly provide the Comptroller with accurate and timely financial reporting. Ensures the proper documentation, accounting, and auditability of funds, and their traceability to the USPFO in accordance with Department of Defense (DoD) regulations and/or applicable laws.
5. Performs other duties as assigned.
*The above duty description doesn't contain all details of the official position description. A copy of the entire position description can be found on FASCLASS by searching the position description (PD# D2514000). https://acpol2.army.mil/fasclass/search_fs/search_fasclass.asp
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608174600. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.