This vacancy will be filled using the Office of Personnel Management's Direct-Hire Authority. Veterans' preference and traditional rating and ranking of applicants do not apply to positions filled under this announcement. For more information on OPM's authorization of Direct Hire Authority, please visit, https://www.opm.gov/policy-data-oversight/hiring-information/direct-hire-authority/Learn more about this agency
- The incumbent performs a variety of duties related to carrying out a coordinated natural resources conservation program to assist customers in meeting their needs and the needs of NRCS and USDA.
- Serves as a Natural Resources Specialist with responsibility for assisting in implementing a broad-based natural resources program for the agency.
- Assist higher-level specialists with conducting long and short-term scientific studies and investigations on the use of soils, water, vegetation, wildlife, and other natural resources as part of the land management and natural resources program.
- Assist the District Conservationist with coordinating surveys, performs monitoring, complies/ analyzes biological data, and prepares reports using statistical inference where applicable.
- Assist with conducting short term scientific studies using conventional techniques for developing baseline information on birds, fish, and small animals, including their habitat, growth limitations, and feeding requirements.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608156000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.