The Minneapolis VA Health Care System (MVAHCS) is looking for a highly qualified, full-time physician to serve as the Associate Director for Clinical Innovation (AD/C) of its Geriatric Research, Education and Clinical Center (GRECC). The MVAHCS is a tertiary referral health care facility with affiliated hospital and community-based clinics. The Minneapolis GRECC is an interdisciplinary center of excellence.Learn more about this agency
The Associate Director for Clinical Innovation (AD/C) will provide leadership within the MVAHCS GRECC and contribute to the national GRECC mission to develop innovative models of geriatric care, advance the geriatric education of health care providers and trainees, and conduct research to improve the health and welfare of older Veterans.
The Associate Director for Clinical Innovation AD/C will
- Oversee GRECC clinical services- ensure there are sufficient faculty resources to support geriatrics-focused clinical educational opportunities for GRECC trainees
- Oversee GRECC clinical demonstration projects, including collaborating with the GRECC Associate Director for Education and Evaluation (AD/EE) on their design, evaluation and dissemination
- Lead and recruit other GRECC and MVAHCS staff to initiate, develop, secure support for, conduct and evaluate clinical demonstration projects
- Collaborate on design, implementation, evaluation and dissemination of clinical demonstration projects with other GRECC AD/Cs, University of Minnesota (UMN) clinical investigators and community health care system partners
- Collaborate with the GRECC Associate Director for Research (AD/R) to identify promising clinical research questions, assist in turning those questions into credible research protocols, and secure support to undertake investigations to address these research questions
- Participate in monthly national AD/C calls or delegate a proxy when unable to participate
- Serve as an ex officio member of the GRECC Advisory Subcommittee (GAS)
- Assure accurate completion of the Clinical Innovation component of the GRECC annual report.
The AD/C is expected to obtain an academic appointment through the UMN and to participate in activities in their academic home department at the MVAHCS and UMN. Some GRECC physicians have contributed clinical service to their MVAHCS home academic departments, including infrequent call on resident-staffed inpatient services, at the discretion of the GRECC Director, though this is not explicitly required for this position.
Take a look at VA's Top 20 Reasons Doctors Enjoy Working at VA and VHA Physician's Brochure
Recruitment/Relocation Incentive authorized. Amount to be determined.
This position is eligible for the Education Debt Reduction Program (EDRP), a student loan payment reimbursement program. You must meet specific individual eligibility requirements in accordance with VHA policy and submit your EDRP application within four months of appointment. Approval, award amount (up to $200,000) and eligibility period (one to five years) are determined by the VHA Education Loan Repayment Services program office after complete review of the EDRP application. Learn more.
Pay: Competitive salary, annual performance bonus, regular salary increases
Paid Time Off: 49-54 days of annual paid time offer per year (26 days of annual leave, 13 days of sick leave, 11 paid Federal holidays per year and possible 5 day paid absence for CME)
Retirement: Traditional federal pension (5 years vesting) and federal 401K with up to 5% in contributions by VA
Insurance: Federal health/vision/dental/term life/long-term care (many federal insurance programs can be carried into retirement)
Licensure: 1 full and unrestricted license from any US State or territory
CME: Possible $1,000 per year reimbursement
Malpractice: Free liability protection with tail coverage provided
Contract: No Physician Employment Contract and no significant restriction on moonlighting
Work Schedule: 8:00 - 4:30pm, Monday - Friday
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608090700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.