Explore a new career with the BLM - where our people are our greatest natural resource.Learn more about this agency
These positions are located in Caliente, NV and Winnemucca, NV. Information about Caliente can be found at Caliente Chamber of Commerce; for Winnemucca at Humboldt County Chamber of Commerce.
We expect to fill four (4) vacancy/vacancies at this time; however, additional positions may be filled from this announcement if they become available.
- Assists with preparing, evaluating and conducting biological analyses of public rangeland projects; independently develops conservation plans, assists in designing technical surveys, and performs work on rangeland construction projects.
- Reviews range permit applications, ensuring compliance with appropriate federal law and impacts to ecosystems are properly documented and mitigated; conducts studies to determine solutions for disease control with grassland plant species.
- Works closely with senior specialists in coordinating and consulting with local Tribal Councils, State agencies, special interest groups and other federal agencies concerned with the proper protection and conservation of rangeland ecosystems.
- Learns how to develop Allotment Management Plans (AMPs), in accordance wit the land use plans; works with more senior range management specialists to conduct related monitoring studies and determine the need for range and watershed improvements.
- May independently conduct monitoring of smaller on-going rangeland construction/development projects., also working with the implementation of new projects within the BLM field office or State Office.
- Provides basic input to interdisciplinary reports, environmental assessments, and protective stipulations for rangeland and grass-like ecosystems; participates in monitoring and surveying activities that may impact sensitive shrub and pasturelands.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position to perform field duties, site visits, and training.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608022700. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.