This position is located in the Office of the Under Secretary of Defense for Research and Engineering (OUSD (R&E)) The USD (R&E) serves as the Chief Technology Officer and is responsible for research, development, and prototyping activities within the Department of Defense (DoD).Learn more about this agency
Incumbent typical work assignments may include the following:
- Oversees the Department of Defense Grant and Agreement Regulations.
- Monitors and analyzes developing issues in science policy areas including research integrity, scientific integrity, commercialization of university research open access policies for scientific research, and scientific talent recruitment and retention.
- Analyzes threats to DoD-funded research from foreign influence operations and develops and implements policies that balance the need to protect research with the need to develop scientific breakthroughs faster than near-peer competitors.
- Works with DoD Components to ensure the designation of fundamental research for DoD-funded research efforts is consistent with applicable policies, laws and regulations, including DoD issuances, security policies, and export controls.
- Develops and maintain policies and procedures to ensure the consistent handling of research security incidents for grant-funded fundamental research in academia across DoD Components.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608019200. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.