The incumbent provides engineering assistance working with land owners, groups, and units of government to apply and maintain a variety of conservation practices in their area of assigned responsibility.Learn more about this agency
- Provides technical assistance in the planning, design, and construction of engineering practices such as water management, animal waste management, erosion control, flood control, wetland creation or restoration, and other conservation practices.
- Performs drafting and other graphical work on a computer-aided drafting system. Maintains state-of the-art knowledge in the use, application, and management of computer hardware/software applicable to available computer -aided drafting CAD systems.
- Designs and supervises the design of complete engineering practices and structures involved in Agency programs.
- Assembles complete packages of drawings and specifications for jobs. Prepares engineering cost estimates and construction performance time estimates.
- Determines engineering training needs for various field office personnel.
- Coordinates with engineering specialists in performing NRCS quality reviews of conservation practices. Checks engineering work of field office personnel.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608005100. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.