The Tibor Rubin VA Medical Center is recruiting for one (1) Inpatient Medicine Business Manager, position is located in the Medicine and Inpatient HCG, Long Beach, CA. The incumbent reports to the Chief of Patient Care Services. Incumbent is primarily responsible for the administrative and operational management of the services/programs of Medicine & Inpatient Healthcare Group.Learn more about this agency
Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Recruit and/or hire subordinate staff members in line with merit staffing procedures and equal employment opportunity guidelines.
- Assign work to staff i.e. provide technical and policy direction to their efforts, review completed work of the staff and/or provide feedback to encourage top performance and plan training and development in related fields.
- Evaluate the work performance of subordinate staff members to recommend appropriate awards to enhance effective performance and/or takes action to deal with inadequate performance, through counseling, training, coaching and other means.
- Prepare cost effectiveness studies of Medical Center operations i.e. collection, interpretation and analysis of quantitative data relevant to the program being evaluated.
- Identify trends, accomplishments and/or deficiencies related to the program to devise solutions or propose alternate courses of action.
- Analyze/evaluate the effectiveness of the Medical Center clinical center operations and/or program in meeting established goals and objectives.
- Conduct analytical studies of manpower, workload, space, equipment and other resource utilization as requested to obtain information necessary to the decision-making process.
- Assuring all standards of regulatory and accrediting agencies are continuously met in full.
- Coordinating the preparation and submission of recurring monthly, quarterly and annual reports, management briefings, summaries, and a wide variety of nonrecurring reports.
- Ensuring programs concerning such matters as equal opportunity, merit promotion, labor management relations, and position management are appropriately administered.
Compressed/Flexible: Not Available
Telework: Not Available
Virtual: This is not a virtual position.
Position Description/PD#: Administrative Officer (Inpatient Medicine Business Manager)/PD019440Relocation/Recruitment Incentives: Not Authorized
Financial Disclosure Report: Not required
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/608003900. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.