This position is located on the Francis Marion Ranger District of the Francis Marion and Sumter National Forests, in Huger, South Carolina.Learn more about this agency
The position serves as an Archeologist responsible for inventory, evaluation, protection, and development of historic and prehistoric sites.
For additional information about these positions, please contact Jeremiah Zamora, 843-494-2452, or email@example.com.
- Prepare interpretive material and technical reports based on extensive research.
- Evaluate sites and identify which ones are appropriate for inclusion to the national registers.
- Administer examinations, identifying areas where materials may be destroyed or damaged, and recommending mitigation.
- Plan, direct, and execute surveys/excavations, for location, verification and salvage of sites.
- Responsible for stewardship enhancement and public interpretation of Heritage resources.
- Develop policy and immediate and long-range objectives, establish program priorities, and integrate heritage needs with other resource activities.
- Evaluate and act upon a wide range of on-site management needs within the framework of program requirements.
Occasional travel - Occasional travel with overnight lodging may be required for meetings, training, workshops, and field/site visits.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607999500. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.