This position is located in Region 1 on the Custer Gallatin National Forest, Bozeman Ranger District with a duty station of Bozeman, MT.Learn more about this agency
The selectee will serve as a fully operating rangeland management specialist assisting in or independently administering an ecosystem based rangeland and weed management program and related resource coordination.
For additional information about the duties of this position, contact Melanie Cota at 406-522-2539 or email email@example.com
- Responsibilities listed are at the full performance level, GS-09.
- Monitors, gathers, analyzes, interprets and evaluates data to determine if land management, economic, and social goals and objectives identified for the land involved are being achieved.
- Compiles material and supply estimates, or oversees compilation of estimates for facilities construction and maintenance of rangeland projects and prepares budgetary plans and controls for rangeland management functions.
- Prepares assigned portions of environmental assessments as a member of an interdisciplinary team. Prepares environmental analysis reports in assigned functional areas.
- Receives, reviews, and acts on all livestock grazing applications.
- Administers noxious weed program for the unit and assists adjoining units with their programs as needed.
- Surveys for the presence of noxious weeds and documents such occurrence. Develops strategy and tactics to address these situations.
- Provides administrative and technical supervision to subordinate employees.
Occasional travel - Overnight travel may be required for meetings, training, and field work.
Job family (Series)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/607972000. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.